Schedule and Repertoire Announced for Queen Elisabeth Competition Final
The Final round competitor order and repertoire list for the 2015 Queen Elisabeth International Violin Competition has been announced – including 3 VC ‘Young Artists’.
For the Final round, each candidate will present a to-be-announced unpublished work written specially for the competition, and a major Concerto of their own choice – to be performed with conductor Marin Alsop and the National Orchestra of Belgium.
Monday May 25th – 8pm
- 20 year old William Ching-Tu Wei from Taiwan – Shostakovich Violin Concerto No. 1
- 24 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ Tobias Feldmann from Germany – Bartok Violin Concerto No. 2
Tuesday May 26th – 8pm
- 23 year old Thomas Reif from Germany – Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto
- 21 year old Fumika Mohri from Japan – Sibelius Violin Concerto
Wednesday May 27th - 8pm
- 21 year old Kenneth Renshaw from the United States – Brahms Violin Concerto
- 25 year old Bomsori Kim from South Korea – Brahms Violin Concerto
Thursday May 28th – 8pm
- 28 year old Xiao Wang from China – Sibelius Violin Concerto
- 22 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ William Hagen from the United States – Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto
Friday May 29th - 8pm
- 22 year old Ji Yoon Lee from South Korea – Brahms Violin Concerto
- 26 year old Oleksii Semenenko from the Ukraine – Sibelius Violin Concerto
Saturday May 30th – 8pm
- 20 year old Ji Young Lim from South Korea – Brahms Violin Concerto
- 18 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ Stephen Waarts from United States/Holland – Bartok Violin Concerto No. 2
Widely respected as one of the most prestigious and coveted classical music accolades, the 1st prize winner will receive 25,000 Euro (USD$31,000), a CD recording, a number of international concert engagements and the 3 year use of the ‘Huggins’ Stradivarius – on generous loan from the Nippon Music Foundation.
Video of all Semi-Final performances available at: http://bit.ly/1RACd4n
The Violin Channel will be reporting live from the Palais des Beaux-Arts, in Brussels for this year’s Final round.
You won’t miss a beat!
PICTURED: 2015 Queen Elisabeth International Violin Competition Finalist, 18 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ Stephen Waarts
28mayAll Day16julSitka International Cello Seminar(All Day) The Miner Music Center at Stevenson Hall, 104 Jeff Davis St. Sitka, Alaska 99835Event Type :Other
02junAll Day10Michael Hill International Violin Competition(All Day) Auckland Town Hall, Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New ZealandEvent Type :competitions
10jun8:30 pm10:30 pmVirtual EventNorth Shore Chamber Music Festival Presents: Your Heart's Desire8:30 pm - 10:30 pm Event Type :Streams
03julAll Day09Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition(All Day) Melbourne Recital Center, 31 Sturt Street, Southbank VIC 3006, AustraliaEvent Type :competitions
07julAll Day15The Malher Competition(All Day) Joseph-Keilberth-Saal, Konzerthalle Bamberg Mußstraße 1 96047 Bamberg GERMANYEvent Type :competitions
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.