Violin Semi-Finalists Announced at Hungary’s Bartok World Competition
The 12 Semi-Finalists have been announced at the 2017 Bartok World Competition & Festival International Violin Competition
The 12 Semi-Finalists have today been announced at the 2017 Bartok World Competition & Festival International Violin Competition - in Budapest, Hungary.
The 2017 Semi-Finalists are:
- Takamori Arai (26, Japan)
- Joshua Brown (17, USA)
- Arianna Dotto (27, Italy)
- Gabor Homoki (27, Hungary)
- Yoerae Kim (27, South Korea)
- Chisa Kitagawa (20, Japan)
- Ágnes Langer (25, Hungary)
- Alexandra Lomeiko (26, New Zealand)
- Arsenis Selalmazidis (27, Greece)
- Cosima Soulez Lariviere (20, France)
- Una Stanic (19, Croatia)
- Ririko Takagi (21, Japan)
Open to candidates of any nationality aged 30 years or younger, the 1st prize winner will receive €22,000 (US $24,000) – plus a number of important performance and recording opportunities.
The 2017 jury comprises: Salvatore Accardo, Baráti Kristóf, Kelemen Barnabás, Qian Zhou, Takashi Shimizu, Joel Smirnoff, Szabadi Vilmos, Krzysztof Wegrzyn and Ivan Zenaty.
PICTURED: 2017 Bartok World Competition Semi-Finalist, 17 year old violinist Joshua Brown from the United States