We're coming to you from New York City for a special “The Musical Soul of Hungary" concert presented by Charlotte White’s Salon de Virtuosi.
This program features violinists Mariam and Amira Abouzahra, accompanied by Nóra Emődy, and pianist Ying Li, performing works by Halvorsen, Ysaye, Hubey, Weiner, Brahms, Mozart, Bartok, and Liszt.
Salon de Virtuosi has been supporting outstanding young musicians at the early stages of their careers since 1989, with generous career grants and performance opportunities.
Among the artists presented in its earlier years include Gil Shaham, Lang Lang, Philippe Quint, Pablo Sainz Villegas, Conrad Tao — and VC Artists Josef Spacek, Paul Huang, Zlatomir Fung, Nathan Meltzer, and Yesong Sophie Lee.
THURSDAY MAY 12TH | 7:30 PM (ET)
SALON DE VIRTUOSI PRESENTS THE MUSICAL SOUL OF HUNGARY
NEW YORK CITY
Mariam Abouzahra (Violin) | Amira Abouzahra (Violin/Viola) | Nóra Emődy (Piano)
- Halvorsen | Passacaglia in G minor on a Theme by Georg Friedrich Händel
- Ysaÿe | Caprice d’après l’Étude en forme de valse de C. Saint-Saëns
- Hubay | Carmen - Fantaisie Brillante
- Weiner | Divertimento Op. 20 (excerpts)
- Brahms | Hungarian Dance
- Arr. Amira and Miriam | Perpetuum mobile by Carl Bohm
Ying Li (Piano)
- Mozart | Piano Sonata in B-flat Major, K.333
- Bartók | Piano Sonata BB 88, Sz. 80
- Liszt | Paraphrase on Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Brahms | Intermezzo in A Major, Op. 118 No. 2