Semi-Finalists Announced at Japan’s Sendai International Violin Competition
The 12 Semi-Finalists have been announced at the 2019 Sendai International Violin Competition
The 12 Semi-Finalists have today been announced at the 2019 Sendai International Violin Competition – in Sendai, Japan.
The 12 Semi-Finalists are:
- Rio Arai (20, Japan)
- Kaori Furusawa (20, Japan)
- Yuki Ishihara (25, Japan)
- Honoka Kishimoto (24, Japan)
- Chihiro Kitada (22, Japan)
- Donghwi Ko (22, Korea)
- Shannon Lee (26, Canada)
- Charlie Lovell-Jones (20, United Kingdom)
- Elias David Moncado (18, Germany)
- Andrea Obiso (24, Italy)
- Kelly Talim (23, United States)
- Mayu Tomotaki (23, Japan)
Open to international violinists 28 years and younger, the 1st prize winner will receive JPY 3,000,000 (USD $27,000), a CD recording – plus a number of important orchestral and festival performance opportunities.
The 2019 jury comprises: Yuzuko Horigome (Chairman), Gidon Kremer, Masafumi Hori, Boris Belkin, Olivier Charlier, Rodney Friend, Tomoko Kato, Younguck Kim, Cho-Liang Lin, Saeka Matsuyama, Joel Smirnoff and Isabelle Van Keulen.
Previous 1st prize winners include: VC Artists Richard Lin and Yoo Jin Jang.