The 2021 International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists today announced its 17 semi-final candidates.
The semi-finalists are:
- Yoshie Okura (Japan)
- Mayu Ozeki (Japan)
- Pauline Van Der Rest (Belgium)
- Saulė Buikaitė (Lithuania)
- Leonard Toschev (Germany)
- Qingzhu Weng (China)
- Amia Janicki (Switzerland)
- Lorenz Karls (Sweden)
- Giuseppe Gibboni (Italy)
- Marija Pranskutė (Lithuania)
- Jevgēnijs Čepoveckis (Latvia)
- Manon Galy (France)
- Jackie Tso (United States)
- Eva Rabchevska (Ukraine)
- Jason Moon (United States)
- Javier Comesaña (Spain)
- Elvin Hoxha Ganiyev (Azerbaijan/Turkey)
Open to violinists of any nationality who is 26 years of age or under, the semi-final round will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on the 2nd of February.
The first prize winner will receive €10,000.
The 2021 jury comprises Gidon Kremer, Isabelle Van Keulen, Sergej Krylov, Rūta Lipinaitytė, Svetlana Makarova, and Rusnė Mataitytė.
Previous major prize winners include: VC Young Artists Dmytro Udovychenko and Rennosuke Fukuda.
As the competition's official international broadcaster, all rounds will be streamed live on The Violin Channel. You won't miss a beat.