Prizes Announced at Bach-Abel International Viola da Gamba Competition
Manon Papasergio won first prize at the competition in Köthen, Germany
The 9th edition of the Bach-Abel International Viola da Gamba Competition has recently come to a close. The competition celebrated the 300th anniversary of the German composer Carl Friedrich Abel, who was a renowned player of the viola da gamba. Musicians of any nationality who were born after 1988 could take part in the competition.
The prizes of this year's competition are as follows:
- 1st Prize and 6,000 Euro: Manon Papasergio
- 2nd Prize and 4,500 Euro: Amarilis Duenas Castán
- 3rd Prize and 3,000 Euro: Garance Boizot
Special prizes included:
- Audience Award donated by the Viola da gamba Society: Amarilis Duenas Castán & Manon Papasergio
- Special price voucher donated by Edition Güntersberg: Thomas Fields Beatriz Lopez Paz Stephen Moran
- Special prize for the Abel catalog of works (anniversary edition):donated by Ortus Musikverlag: Manon Papasergio, Amarilis Duenas Castán, Garance Boizot, Thomas Fields, Beatriz Lopez Paz, Stephen Moran
The jury included President Siegfried Pank, Chairman Paolo Pandolfo, Wendy Gillespie, Masako Hirao, Hille Perl, Jordi Savall, and Peter Reidemeister.