BREAKING | 2nd Round Candidates Announced at ARD International Cello Competition
The 16 candidates progressing to the 2nd round of the 2019 ARD International Cello Competition have been announced
The 16 candidates progressing to the 2nd round of the 2019 ARD International Cello Competition have just minutes ago been announced - in Munich, Germany.
The 2019 2nd Round candidates are:
- Anton Spronk from Netherlands/Switzerland
- Raphaël Jouan from France
- Min Ji Kim from South Korea
- Marcel Johannes Kits from Estonia
- Sihao He from China
- Ivan Skanavi from Russia
- Sayaka Selina Studer from Japan/Switzerland
- Guillaume Wang from Australia
- Friedrich Thiele from Germany
- Oleksiy Shadrin from Ukrain
- Haruma Sato from Japan
- Nadège Rochat from France/Switzerland
- Yeong-Kwang Lee from South Korea
- Benjamin Lai from USA/Taiwan
- Christoph Heesch from Germany
- Jérémy Garbarg from France
Open to cellists of any nationality born between 1988 and 2000, the 1st prize winner will receive €10,000 (US $11,500).
The 2019 cello jury comprises: Lynn Harrell (Chairman), Ophélie Gaillard, Matt Haimovitz, Maria Kliegel, Torleif Thedéen, Tamás Varga and Pieter Wispelwey.
This year’s ARD Competition will be held in 4 instrument categories: Cello, Clarinet, Bassoon and Percussion.
The Violin Channel, as the cello competition’s official media and broadcast partner, will be providing streaming coverage direct from Munich.